Sawyer turned one and overnight he became this romping, stomping toddler (who has discovered the ability to assert himself dramatically). Life got busy. And then even busier. And I haven’t had a post up in a while.
But it’s never too late to set a goal (or goals, in this case). It’s never too late to start fresh. Despite being a stay at home mom, I can’t give up my academic year planner*. Something about nearing the end of July signals that it’s about time to start again. So that’s what I’m doing. If I tell you my goals, I think that will better hold me accountable to them.
Goals for the 2018-2019 academic year:
1. Post once a week (suggestions on topics?)
2. Get back into daily Bible study (I’ve been working on this for a bit, but it can always improve).
3. Read and finish the book for the book club I’m in each month. (A friend and I joined a book club, so I’m stepping out of my comfort zone there.)
4. Develop a healthier lifestyle (walking, jogging, not eating garbage).
5. Write handwritten notes to people every other week (I still love getting notes in the mail, maybe others do, too).
6. Start Baby Bins with Sawyer. They’re a great way to introduce new concepts and the hard work is already done.
They’re simple goals, but if I keep them up they will give me a sense of accomplishment.
What are your goals for the 2018-2019 school year?
*It seems I also can’t give up my usual back to school dreams. This one involved not having a syllabus prepared on the first day (always a part of the dream, since I began my teaching career) and also not knowing where my classroom was.